Huntingdon film and games store to close
- Credit: Archant
BLOCKBUSTER in Huntingdon is to close. The store in Towerfields told The Hunts Post it will be closing on September 24 and selling all stock.
Staff were told the lease will be taken over by a higher bidder but a spokesman for landlord Legal & General said yesterday (Tuesday) the company was unaware of any planned closure.
However, a Blockbuster spokesman said: “Unfortunately, Huntingdon will be closing but it will offer customers fantastic closure deals – all stock must go and customers have the option to transfer to our online service.”
The store is likely to become another restaurant, The Hunts Post understands. Frankie & Benny’s, McDonald’s and KFC will be joined at Towerfields next month by Chiquito and Bella Italia.
BID Huntingdon manager Katy Sismore said: “I think when the new centre developments are completed there will be more opportunities for restaurants in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
“We only have 14 empty units at the moment and many of these buildings are not suitable or need a lot of work.
“It would be nice to have more but the town is getting bigger – that’s the important thing.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 6 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 7 Man who drove lorry while three times over the drink-drive limit has been jailed
- 8 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 9 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village