Hundreds of jobs saved by sale of construction firm Haymills Group
HUNTINGDON-BASED construction firm Haymills Group has been bought in a pre-pack deal by Vinci Construction UK Limited. Haymills, of St Peter s Road, Huntingdon, was sold after it ran into difficulties meeting financial obligations at its subsidiary in Gib
HUNTINGDON-BASED construction firm Haymills Group has been bought in a pre-pack deal by Vinci Construction UK Limited.
Haymills, of St Peter's Road, Huntingdon, was sold after it ran into difficulties meeting financial obligations at its subsidiary in Gibraltar. The company also has offices in London and Stowmarket.
The deal means that a total of 430 jobs will be saved throughout the group, with the majority based in East Anglia.
David Joyce, managing director of Vinci Construction UK limited said:
You may also want to watch:
"The acquisition is a significant step in our strategy of consolidating our presence in the sectors of facilities management and maintenance, as well as giving us a presence in the East Anglian region through the contracting side of the Haymills business."
Stephen Oldfield, of administrators PricewaterhouseCoopers, said: "This is a prime example of when a pre-pack sale can be the best option.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week
"In this case, as this is a contracting company, any attempt to sell this type of business after an administration appointment is fraught with legal and operational difficulties which would have likely caused the business to collapse.