How to be a survivor
NINETY-SIX per cent of new businesses fold within 10 years – 80 per cent in the first five – but a Huntingdonshire business adviser thinks he can improve the chances of survival. This statistic can be radically reduced by the application of knowledge – c
NINETY-SIX per cent of new businesses fold within 10 years - 80 per cent in the first five - but a Huntingdonshire business adviser thinks he can improve the chances of survival.
"This statistic can be radically reduced by the application of knowledge - coaching is particularly effective in helping business owners accelerate their business growth and overcome the challenges of running a business," said Mike Yates, who runs 121 Business Ltd, in St Ives.
"A main focus area that causes business failure is lack of cash flow and that's mainly due to lack of sales. One reason is the level of skill that people have in the area of sales."
A recent Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce seminar by Mr Yates, who has 20 years experience of building and running businesses, was a sell-out.
You may also want to watch:
"Some of the successes 121 Business Ltd have had to date are helping a business multiply its turnover ninefold within 24 months, reducing working hours from 80 hours a week to 30 hours a week within three months, and increase profit margins, plus helping business owners to realise their true business potential," he told The Hunts Post.
INFORMATION: 121 Business Ltd is at Unit 33, Stephenson Road, St Ives PE27 3WJ. Mr Yates is on 0870 1624121 or 07956 503982.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service