Houghton-based Le Mark’s Steven Marshall is Employee of the Year
- Credit: Archant
EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR Sponsored by Archant Herts and Cambs
Steven Marshall has come through the ranks at Le Mark to become one of the nation’s best designers.
Mr Marshall joined the Houghton floor specialists as a junior administrator after leaving St Ivo and is now has a growing reputation as a top end designer.
His brand of gloves – Dirty Rigger – is at the heart of Le Mark’s success and are exported to all corners of the world and boasts a £250,000 turnover.
Mr Marshall said: “I started in administration then Stuart saw me drawing one day and he gave me the opportunity to develop the brand so I took it from there.
You may also want to watch:
“It was amazing for Stuart to trust me with such a big project.”
Stuart Gibbons, managing director of Le Mark, added: “Steven is the epitome of what we like at Le Mark. He is dedicated and knows to trade in the 100 countries we sell Dirty Rigger in he needs to be more flexible than a 9-5 day so he can take the product to the world.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
The judges said Mr Marshall was an “outstanding employee”. They added: “It is not often you come into contact with a young man who has such a passion for business excellence and creativity.”
FINALISTS: Sue Roberts of Huntingdon Mencap Limited, Forward Composites’ Dawn MacDonald and Amanda Wright from The George Hotel and Brasserie.