Home is where the Art is
COMPANIES buying new premises on a Huntingdon business park will have a significant advantage – if anything goes wrong, the developers head office will be only a few hundred metres away. Artisan (UK) Developments Ltd, currently based at premises it built
COMPANIES buying new premises on a Huntingdon business park will have a significant advantage - if anything goes wrong, the developers' head office will be only a few hundred metres away.
Artisan (UK) Developments Ltd, currently based at premises it built some years ago (and sold on) at Ermine Business Park down the road, will be relocating its headquarters and 11 HQ-based staff later this year to a building it is putting up at Vantage Park, just off the A141 in Washingley Road, Huntingdon.
Artisan has planning approval from Huntingdonshire District Council to build a further 29,000 sq ft of offices in the second phase of development there.
The original office campus, which was completed last summer, comprised six self-contained units that have either been sold or let to a variety of businesses including Danwood, Orientrose and Coversure Insurance.
Phase two will consist of nine additional self-contained, two-storey units totalling 29,000 sq ft (2,694 sq m) available to buy or lease, immediately north of the existing phase, including 8,000 sq ft Artisan's parent plc will share with its present neighbours, Speymill Group plc, as The Hunts Post reported last week.
Artisan's managing director, Michael Eyres, said: "The planning approval and continued support of Huntingdonshire District Council is extremely good news. We always had plans to extend the Vantage Park development in 2007, and this allows us to fulfil our proposition.
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 4 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 Can you help welcome people to the Cromwell Museum?
- 9 Couple walk 350 miles to St Neots to raise awareness for suicide prevention
- 10 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
"There's already an excellent business community at Vantage Park, and the additional 29,000 sq ft of office space with allocated parking will make the park a dynamic business location within Huntingdon."
Artisan has already started building its own new premises, as well as four self-contained two-storey units totalling 6,730 sq ft (625 sq m). A further four units totalling 13,800 sq ft (1,282 sq m) are also planned.