Health and safety awards recognition for Hunts companies
FIVE Huntingdonshire businesses were among the medals at an awards ceremony hosted by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA). In all, more than 30 businesses and organisations in Cambridgeshire were honoured at the RoSPA Occupational He
FIVE Huntingdonshire businesses were among the medals at an awards ceremony hosted by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).
In all, more than 30 businesses and organisations in Cambridgeshire were honoured at the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards 2010.
The RWE npower Little Barford Power Station received the President's award for having won 10 consecutive gold medals.
Two other Huntingdonshire companies - the Environment Agency's regional head office in Brampton, and Luminus Group in Huntingdon - picked up their sixth gold medals in succession at the awards. Luminus Group also received recognition for its work in managing occupational road risk.
You may also want to watch:
Anglian Water was awarded a gold medal, as was Huntingdonshire District Council's newly-rebranded One Leisure.
RoSPA's awards are presented to organisations that have shown a commitment to protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of their employees and others.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Advice on flood risk for Cambridgeshire businesses
The awards, the majority of which are non-competitive, look at a firm's entire health and safety management system.
RoSPA chief executive Tom Mullarkey said: "Our annual awards not only provide just recognition for individual organisations, such as those from Cambridgeshire, but also encourage the raising of accident and ill health prevention standards across the board."
INFORMATION: More information about the RoSPA Awards can be found at www.rospa.com/awards/