Green light for St Ives amber store
A NEW jewellery and craft shop, specialising in Baltic amber, is to open in St Ives next week. Amber Paradise, in Merryland, St Ives, will be opened by the town s mayor, Councillor Brian Luter, at midday on Saturday November 14, and promises to provide th
A NEW jewellery and craft shop, specialising in Baltic amber, is to open in St Ives next week.
Amber Paradise, in Merryland, St Ives, will be opened by the town's mayor, Councillor Brian Luter, at midday on Saturday November 14, and promises to provide the highest quality amber products at affordable prices.
The family-run business originated eight years ago in Lithuania, where much of the amber used in the shop's products is sourced.
Owner Julia Shirley said: "I am delighted to have been able to open in the historic and picturesque town of St Ives. I believe the friendly, independent and individual boutique-style shops make St Ives stand out as an attractive shopping destination.
You may also want to watch:
"We will offer an amazing array of handmade amber jewellery in a variety of finishes and settings, amber crafts and even fossilised insects just like Jurassic Park," she added.
"We work extremely hard to keep our designs individual and fresh, and our amber masters are also able take on commission pieces. We welcome everyone, even if you just want to know more about the history of amber or its health and well-being properties."
- 1 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
The company also has a website at www.amberparadise.com