Green light for Cambridge Water merger
THE Competition Commission has, as expected, given the green light to the merger between South Staffordshire Water and Cambridge Water, which supplies 310,000 people, including residents of much of east Huntingdonshire.
In line with its preliminary findings published in April, the commission found that the merger would not significantly prejudice the water regulator Ofwat’s ability to make comparisons between water companies.
During the enquiry, the commission commended Cambridge Water for its customer service and innovative approach to water supply.
South Staffordshire has already made a commitment to continue to deliver these high standards of service to Cambridge Water’s customers by maintaining the appropriate level of local management and staff.
Cambridge Water and South Staffordshire Water have the second and third lowest charges respectively in England and Wales.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridge Water’s managing director, Stephen Kay said: “I am pleased that this period of uncertainty has come to an end. We can now continue to provide a high-quality local personal service while working with our new colleagues at South Staffordshire Water to share best practice and improve the resilience of both companies.”
A spokesman said there would be no effect on customers. Anglian Water will continue to supply sewerage services.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed