Get on TV, Hunts MD urges sound firms
A FORMER chairman of Huntingdonshire Chamber of Commerce is urging the district s businesses to consider offering themselves as examples of success in recession on national television. Stuart Gibbons, managing director of Houghton based tape manufacturer
A FORMER chairman of Huntingdonshire Chamber of Commerce is urging the district's businesses to consider offering themselves as examples of success in recession on national television.
Stuart Gibbons, managing director of Houghton based tape manufacturer Le Mark, a former winner of a Hunts Post Huntingdonshire Business Award, believes the area has a lot to offer in examples of successful enterprises.
He is urging companies to contact television programme-maker Alasdair Jeffrey, with whom he has worked previously.
Mr Jeffrey said: "I am in discussions with a couple of TV production companies, the BBC and Channel 4 who are interested in making a 'credit crunch' version of The Ferocious Mr Fixit.
You may also want to watch:
"The intention would be to give any programmes made a higher profile - in other words, not broadcast on an inappropriate digital channel.
"I believe that the real 'stars' of this should be the individuals who make up the organisations and alongside any 'entertainment' should be some valuable common sense lessons for all.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
"I am looking for SMEs that may be interested in having an initial discussion around potential involvement."
Mr Gibbons said: "There are some great businesses out there that can show how you get through the crunch and move on to the next level, or how to start a business in the credit crunch and then take it to the top level.
"I would be disappointed if we didn't get one or two companies taking this opportunity.
"Having worked with and experienced Alasdair Jeffrey's style of business coaching during the making of BBC TV's Ferocious Mr Fix-it series, I can confirm that he seriously cares about development and showing an improvement for the companies he works with."
INFORMATION: For an informal chat with Alasdair Jeffrey ring 07974 395110 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org