Get on TV, Hunts MD urges sound firms
A FORMER chairman of Huntingdonshire Chamber of Commerce is urging the district s businesses to consider offering themselves as examples of success in recession on national television. Stuart Gibbons, managing director of Houghton based tape manufacturer
A FORMER chairman of Huntingdonshire Chamber of Commerce is urging the district's businesses to consider offering themselves as examples of success in recession on national television.
Stuart Gibbons, managing director of Houghton based tape manufacturer Le Mark, a former winner of a Hunts Post Huntingdonshire Business Award, believes the area has a lot to offer in examples of successful enterprises.
He is urging companies to contact television programme-maker Alasdair Jeffrey, with whom he has worked previously.
Mr Jeffrey said: "I am in discussions with a couple of TV production companies, the BBC and Channel 4 who are interested in making a 'credit crunch' version of The Ferocious Mr Fixit.
"The intention would be to give any programmes made a higher profile - in other words, not broadcast on an inappropriate digital channel.
"I believe that the real 'stars' of this should be the individuals who make up the organisations and alongside any 'entertainment' should be some valuable common sense lessons for all.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 3 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 4 Number of bird flu cases have been confirmed in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 6 Dry weather continues to impact district as pond drys up in Ramsey
- 7 Riverside Miniature Railway raises flag in record breaking year
- 8 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 9 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 10 Huntingdon care home treats residents to an exotic animal expereince
"I am looking for SMEs that may be interested in having an initial discussion around potential involvement."
Mr Gibbons said: "There are some great businesses out there that can show how you get through the crunch and move on to the next level, or how to start a business in the credit crunch and then take it to the top level.
"I would be disappointed if we didn't get one or two companies taking this opportunity.
"Having worked with and experienced Alasdair Jeffrey's style of business coaching during the making of BBC TV's Ferocious Mr Fix-it series, I can confirm that he seriously cares about development and showing an improvement for the companies he works with."
INFORMATION: For an informal chat with Alasdair Jeffrey ring 07974 395110 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org