FSB hails help for flood firms
SMALL companies in Huntingdonshire have welcomed the Government s promise of help to businesses affected by flooding. Malcolm Lyons, Huntingdonshire chairman of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), said: The FSB warmly welcomes the decision by HM Re
SMALL companies in Huntingdonshire have welcomed the Government's promise of help to businesses affected by flooding.
Malcolm Lyons, Huntingdonshire chairman of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), said: "The FSB warmly welcomes the decision by HM Revenue and Customs to offer businesses help with their taxes in the short term as they recover from the floods.
"This will go a long way to ensuring that more businesses in all parts of the country that have been hit by the bad weather can remain solvent until they can trade again."
The FSB has also launched its own £500,000 relief fund for its members to access interest-free loans to help them through the short-term problems that they may face due to flooding. The funds are available through FSB regional offices.
You may also want to watch:
"That is why we have established our fund to help our members get back on their feet in the affected areas.
"I would urge any business affected by the floods to ensure they get the help they can from their local tax office, and any FSB members affected should contact their regional office to access the flood relief fund we have established.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told