Free tax workshops start on Monday
THE first of a series of free tax workshops in Huntingdon takes place on Monday (January 11), when HM Revenue & Customs will explain the vagaries of self-employment. A second – on completing self-assessment tax returns – follows a week later on January 18
THE first of a series of free tax workshops in Huntingdon takes place on Monday (January 11), when HM Revenue & Customs will explain the vagaries of self-employment.
A second - on completing self-assessment tax returns - follows a week later on January 18.
Further sessions are planned on the Construction Industry Scheme, setting up a limited company, paying employees, calculating national insurance for directors, and statutory sick pay, but HMRC says no firm dates have been set because of the harsh weather. Places must be booked in advance.
HMRC has set up its own network of trained advice teams who run free workshops and presentations in many different locations and on many topics. Their aim is to make anything that is tax-related as hassle-free as possible, the department said.
You may also want to watch:
"HMRC understands how time-consuming running your own business can be and that paperwork may not always be a top priority," a spokesman added. "That's why the advice teams are there to give practical assistance in areas where it is most needed, so that you understand what needs to be done and will have the confidence and knowledge to get it right the first time."
INFORMATION: At www.hmrc.gov.uk/bst or on 0845 603 2691.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 5 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire