Forward Composites wins Hunts Business of the Year
- Credit: Archant
The new boys on the block showed Huntingdonshire is a hotbed of enterprising companies, taking this year’s Hunts Post Business Awards by storm.
Forward Composites and The Citrus Rooms won three of the 13 awards on offer, including the top two – Business of the Year and the Judges’ Award.
Estate agent Giggs & Co also shone in the New Business category.
Forward, which took over from Lola Composites just eight months ago, has become one of the district’s shining lights, winning the 2013 Business of the Year, sponsored by Marshalls Plc.
Forward’s managing director Paul Jackson, who also scooped Business Person of the Year, told The Hunts Post: “I’m just pleased for the team after 10 months in administration, then six months building the team, and gaining the customer confidences back. It has been quite a journey.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all proud of what has been achieved, but must now push hard and build on this success.” The judges described Forward as “a true phoenix from the ashes”.
They said: “With the strength and skill sets derived from its predecessor, Lola Cars, Paul Jackson and his team have driven this new venture across the start line with the greatest of gusto.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 6 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 7 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 8 Man who drove lorry while three times over the drink-drive limit has been jailed
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
“We believe that Forward Composites has achieved particular acclaim this year against its co-nominees due to its higher-than-forecasted financial results but also the overall openness towards and motivation of staff, new work won from customers and recruitment of high calibre key personnel.
“The fact that its CEO sat in an office marked with an auction lot number only some nine months ago compared with a multi-million pound turnover today is testament that Forward Composites is set for very great things and is a worthy winner of Business of the Year.”