Forward Composites MD Paul Jackson named Hunts Businessman of the Year
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESSPERSON OF THE YEAR Sponsored by Leeds Day Solicitors
One of the leading figures in the takeover of Lola Composites was named as The Hunts Post’s Businessman of the Year.
Paul Jackson, managing director of Forward Composites, decided after nearly a year of running the Lola company in administration to take over the business himself.
The judges described Mr Jackson as “a focused, dedicated, fair and passionate leader, as well as creator”.
Mr Jackson said: “We have had a great few months after running for 10 months in administration and it is a great feeling to have won this award.
You may also want to watch:
“I have a great team of people who are growing our company, rebuilding confidence to our customers but we still have a long way to go.
“We are looking at developing a great business and investing in research and development.”
- 1 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
The judges said: “He has built a wonderfully dynamic and driven team which has lead to greater than anticipated financial results. Paul has also shown how nurturing key relationships, on all levels, leads to success.
“He also happens to be in charge of what could possibly be described as the best Airfix kit in the world. A truly deserving winner.”
FINALISTS: Stuart Gibbons of Le Mark, Maxine Lester of Maxine Lester Residential Lettings and Rebecca Rayner of Glebe Farm Foods Limited.