Flooring business set to move into unit vacated by departing hardware store in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A family-owned business will move into St Neots following the closure of Fishers hardware store, to bring another independent business in the heart of the town.
Fishers, based in Market Square, will close at the end of the month, paving the way for Floors By Ian Ltd to open a new showroom.
Ian McLachlan, owner, said: “I’m delighted to be able to bring another local independent shop to St Neots. I’ve been working in the industry for more than 30 years, and it’s always been my dream to open up a show room, so to be located on the market square is fantastic.”
The shop will display a large selection of rugs, plus carpet and vinyl roll stock, along with accessories for floors, such as carpet cleaning kits, door mats.
Owner of Fishers Arthur Taylor told The Hunts Post, earlier this month that the hardware business had seen a shape decline in the last three or four years and footfall has dropped dramatically.
You may also want to watch:
“We thought for a while we could weather the storm, but when we did our projections for the next five years, we just couldn’t see how the business could thrive,” said Mr Taylor who has owned the business for 15 years.
Floors by Ian Ltd will open on May 4, with a celebration including balloons and a cake to mark the occasion.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Mr McLachlan added: “To celebrate the opening of the shop, I’m running a free prize draw where the lucky winner can win a Free Spa Weekend.”
Anyone who places an order within the first three months of the store’s opening will be entered into the draw.