Firm growing from strength to strength
Lisa Hanlon talks to Bruce Elam of Leeds Day Solicitors, sponsors of the prestigious Business Person of the Year award. Since sponsoring The Hunts Post Business Awards five years ago, Leeds Day Solicitors has grown in size and stature. The law firm, which
Lisa Hanlon talks to Bruce Elam of Leeds Day Solicitors, sponsors of the prestigious Business Person of the Year award.
Since sponsoring The Hunts Post Business Awards five years ago, Leeds Day Solicitors has grown in size and stature.
The law firm, which was founded in the 1840s, has four offices throughout the historic but expanding towns of Huntingdon, St Ives and St Neots, and has taken two new partners this year. Deborah Coombs, who has worked with the firm for eight years, specialises in residential conveyancing, based at St Neots, and Simon Thomas is heading up the family team in Huntingdon. Leeds Day currently has eight partners and 62 staff.
"We have been recommended for the Lexcel accreditation which is the Law Society Practice Management Standard," said Bruce Elam, senior partner. "We embarked on this rigorous process last year and the assessor was amazed that we had accomplished so much in this time. If we are awarded the certificate, we will be the first in Huntingdonshire. It is a major achievement and reflects the progressive nature of the partnership and high standards across all sectors of the business."
The firm already holds Investor in People status and has also been quality approved by the Legal Aid Board and awarded a Legal Aid Franchise as a result.
"We are committed to providing the highest quality service and legal expertise to our clients," said Mr Elam. "We have invested in IT which is constantly upgraded to ensure a timely and effective service in all our teams. We are also active in the community we serve, supporting charities and sponsoring the Business Person of the Year award.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
"It is good to continue to be associated with The Hunts Post Business Awards. All of the sponsors benefit from this awards scheme. The involvement helps to build our profile and ensures that our practice name is prominent within the region's business community. This award attracts a high calibre of entrant and we are delighted to be up there with them."
Mr Elam added: "We like to think of Leeds Day as the leading firm in the area. We believe in training and are able to respond to the challenges in the fast-changing law sector."
INFORMATION: Contact Leeds Day on 01480 474661 or visit www.leedsday.co.uk