Fenstanton firm backs hearing mission
THE global Hear the World Ambassadors photography exhibition this week opened its doors in the UK, supported by Clearer Hearing s Fenstanton Hearing Centre. The exhibition – previously featured in New York, Berlin and Zurich – enjoyed a star-studded Londo
THE global Hear the World Ambassadors photography exhibition this week opened its doors in the UK, supported by Clearer Hearing's Fenstanton Hearing Centre.
The exhibition - previously featured in New York, Berlin and Zurich - enjoyed a star-studded London welcome and was opened by Hear the World ambassador and official photographer Bryan Adams.
Hear the World is an initiative from hearing-system manufacturer Phonak to raise awareness about hearing loss, and is supported by Clearer Hearing of High Street, Fenstanton. The exhibition features photographs of renowned personalities with their hand cupped behind their ear to convey conscious hearing.
Steve Mantle of Clearer Hearing said: "Approximately one in seven people in Cambridgeshire have hearing loss but, on average, struggle for up to 15 years before seeking advice.
"The Hear the World exhibition is a great way to get people talking about the importance of protecting their hearing and to take action if they suspect they have a problem. We are playing a key role in helping our local community to benefit from the initiative."
More than 16 per cent of the world's population has hearing loss and this number is expected to increase to 1.1 billion by 2015. In the UK the number of people with hearing loss is estimated at 8.5 million. Studies have shown that untreated hearing loss can have a negative impact on a person's social, emotional and physical wellbeing.
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 4 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 Can you help welcome people to the Cromwell Museum?
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Eynesbury Rovers U8s enjoy 'one of greatest seasons in Hunts history'
INFORMATION: To encourage people in Cambridgeshire to take action Clearer Hearing is offering a complimentary hearing test until end of August. For further information, call 01480 300955. More information about Hear the World can be found at www.hear-the-world.com.