Fenstanton firm backs hearing mission
THE global Hear the World Ambassadors photography exhibition this week opened its doors in the UK, supported by Clearer Hearing s Fenstanton Hearing Centre. The exhibition – previously featured in New York, Berlin and Zurich – enjoyed a star-studded Londo
THE global Hear the World Ambassadors photography exhibition this week opened its doors in the UK, supported by Clearer Hearing's Fenstanton Hearing Centre.
The exhibition - previously featured in New York, Berlin and Zurich - enjoyed a star-studded London welcome and was opened by Hear the World ambassador and official photographer Bryan Adams.
Hear the World is an initiative from hearing-system manufacturer Phonak to raise awareness about hearing loss, and is supported by Clearer Hearing of High Street, Fenstanton. The exhibition features photographs of renowned personalities with their hand cupped behind their ear to convey conscious hearing.
Steve Mantle of Clearer Hearing said: "Approximately one in seven people in Cambridgeshire have hearing loss but, on average, struggle for up to 15 years before seeking advice.
You may also want to watch:
"The Hear the World exhibition is a great way to get people talking about the importance of protecting their hearing and to take action if they suspect they have a problem. We are playing a key role in helping our local community to benefit from the initiative."
More than 16 per cent of the world's population has hearing loss and this number is expected to increase to 1.1 billion by 2015. In the UK the number of people with hearing loss is estimated at 8.5 million. Studies have shown that untreated hearing loss can have a negative impact on a person's social, emotional and physical wellbeing.
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
INFORMATION: To encourage people in Cambridgeshire to take action Clearer Hearing is offering a complimentary hearing test until end of August. For further information, call 01480 300955. More information about Hear the World can be found at www.hear-the-world.com.