Fenstanton firm backs hearing mission
THE global Hear the World Ambassadors photography exhibition this week opened its doors in the UK, supported by Clearer Hearing s Fenstanton Hearing Centre. The exhibition – previously featured in New York, Berlin and Zurich – enjoyed a star-studded Londo
THE global Hear the World Ambassadors photography exhibition this week opened its doors in the UK, supported by Clearer Hearing's Fenstanton Hearing Centre.
The exhibition - previously featured in New York, Berlin and Zurich - enjoyed a star-studded London welcome and was opened by Hear the World ambassador and official photographer Bryan Adams.
Hear the World is an initiative from hearing-system manufacturer Phonak to raise awareness about hearing loss, and is supported by Clearer Hearing of High Street, Fenstanton. The exhibition features photographs of renowned personalities with their hand cupped behind their ear to convey conscious hearing.
Steve Mantle of Clearer Hearing said: "Approximately one in seven people in Cambridgeshire have hearing loss but, on average, struggle for up to 15 years before seeking advice.
You may also want to watch:
"The Hear the World exhibition is a great way to get people talking about the importance of protecting their hearing and to take action if they suspect they have a problem. We are playing a key role in helping our local community to benefit from the initiative."
More than 16 per cent of the world's population has hearing loss and this number is expected to increase to 1.1 billion by 2015. In the UK the number of people with hearing loss is estimated at 8.5 million. Studies have shown that untreated hearing loss can have a negative impact on a person's social, emotional and physical wellbeing.
- 1 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 4 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 5 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 8 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 10 Council launches food waste initiative
INFORMATION: To encourage people in Cambridgeshire to take action Clearer Hearing is offering a complimentary hearing test until end of August. For further information, call 01480 300955. More information about Hear the World can be found at www.hear-the-world.com.