Faster payment advice system set to help County Council suppliers
A NEW electronic payment advice system is being made available to suppliers of Cambridgeshire County Council. The BACS remittance advice system uses e-mail to notify companies that their bills have been paid as soon as the electronic payment is made. The
A NEW electronic payment advice system is being made available to suppliers of Cambridgeshire County Council.
The BACS remittance advice system uses e-mail to notify companies that their bills have been paid as soon as the electronic payment is made. The high-speed service enables suppliers to track their income from goods and services supplied to the county council. Previously the payment advice was sent by post - sometimes taking days to arrive at the company.
Councillor John Reynolds, cabinet member for resources and performance, said: "Cambridgeshire County Council is a major purchaser of the goods and services supplied by hundreds of companies - many of which are based in the county.
"During the current tough economic times it is vital that we do everything we can to help business and this high-speed remittance advice service will enable firms to keep a close eye on their cash-flow and income, which can be vital to ensuring they are trading efficiently."
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The new e-mail remittance advice service is available to any of the thousands of suppliers used by the County Council. Companies should provide a suitable e-mail address to the authority's Procure to Pay department. This can be done by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 01223 718079.
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 3 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 4 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 5 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 6 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 7 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Brampton butchers win awards for delicious pies and sausages
- 10 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders