Expert challenge to businesses
HUNTINGDONSHIRE S business leaders have been challenged by one of the world s most prominent business experts to learn to accept and control risk to help grow both their business and the region s economy. Robert Heller, management expert and founding ed
HUNTINGDONSHIRE'S business leaders have been challenged by one of the world's most prominent business experts to learn to "accept and control risk" to help grow both their business and the region's economy.
Robert Heller, management expert and founding editor of Management Today, told them that in order to develop new products and new initiatives they should follow three key elements in order to succeed. They should learn how to accept risk, clearly define their objectives, and focus their efforts on cultural change.
Mr Heller's tips focused on practical suggestions for new product development that anyone could apply. He said: "In order to succeed, businesses must learn to accept and control risk and continually develop new products - because this delivers the pay-offs.
"In a world where physical product advantage can be copied overnight, companies need a constant supply of fresh ideas to keep them at the forefront."
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Full details of Robert Heller's report and recommendations will be available to download at www.spaceforideas.uk.com by May 15.
The East of England Development Agency is dedicated to sustainable economic regeneration in the east of England - Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
The vision is for the east of England is to create a leading economy, founded on a world class knowledge base, creativity and enterprise to improve the quality of life for all who live and work here.
Further information on www.eeda.org.uk.