Ex-champion to take Abbotsley golf lease
FORMER British Women s Open golf champion Vivien Saunders has agreed to take over the lease on Abbotsley Hotel, Golf and Country Club. Mrs Saunders, who owns the Cambridge Meridian Golf Club in partnership with Jenny Wisson, will take over on March 1 from
FORMER British Women's Open golf champion Vivien Saunders has agreed to take over the lease on Abbotsley Hotel, Golf and Country Club.
Mrs Saunders, who owns the Cambridge Meridian Golf Club in partnership with Jenny Wisson, will take over on March 1 from Crown Golf, the UK's largest golf course owner-operator.
She said: "The 11 years of leasing Abbotsley to American Golf and then Crown Golf has been a very exciting period in the development of Abbotsley.
"It has seen the addition of 30 more bedrooms at the hotel; and membership of the Crown Golf Group has seen the advantages which go with being part of a large, successful organisation."
You may also want to watch:
Crown Gold CEO Stephen Lewis said: "We are continuing to consolidate our estate, focusing on the clubs which the business wishes to retain for the long term - either for operational reasons, or as a result of their development potential."
Margaret Middleton, a former secretary and manager at Corhampton Golf Club, has also been announced as Abbotsley's general manager.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible