Ex-champion to take Abbotsley golf lease
FORMER British Women s Open golf champion Vivien Saunders has agreed to take over the lease on Abbotsley Hotel, Golf and Country Club. Mrs Saunders, who owns the Cambridge Meridian Golf Club in partnership with Jenny Wisson, will take over on March 1 from
FORMER British Women's Open golf champion Vivien Saunders has agreed to take over the lease on Abbotsley Hotel, Golf and Country Club.
Mrs Saunders, who owns the Cambridge Meridian Golf Club in partnership with Jenny Wisson, will take over on March 1 from Crown Golf, the UK's largest golf course owner-operator.
She said: "The 11 years of leasing Abbotsley to American Golf and then Crown Golf has been a very exciting period in the development of Abbotsley.
"It has seen the addition of 30 more bedrooms at the hotel; and membership of the Crown Golf Group has seen the advantages which go with being part of a large, successful organisation."
You may also want to watch:
Crown Gold CEO Stephen Lewis said: "We are continuing to consolidate our estate, focusing on the clubs which the business wishes to retain for the long term - either for operational reasons, or as a result of their development potential."
Margaret Middleton, a former secretary and manager at Corhampton Golf Club, has also been announced as Abbotsley's general manager.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 4 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?