Events firm set on move to new base in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A firm specialising in event installations is moving to a new premises in Huntingdon to cater for its expanding workforce.
Formerly based in St Ives, Penny Banks has moved to a new industrial unit in Windover Road, allowing the company to create a new showroom that will give customers the chance to see installations as they will appear at their event.
Managing director Penny Horner said: “We’ve grown really rapidly over the last four years going from employing 12 members of staff to 38, so we just outgrew our previous unit in St Ives.
“We believe our rapid growth is down to our ability to work with a client on every stage of the event planning.”
“Windover Road is perfect for us as it’s still large enough to allow us to grow and being in Huntingdon is ideal as we have lots of clients in London, so it’s easy to get to either on the train or by road.”
You may also want to watch:
The company has supplied services for the British Open golf and BBC Good Food Show.
Howard Westgate, associate director at Barford + Co, who assisted Penny Banks with its property search, said: “There is lots of flexibility there which is allowing Penny Banks to create a space that suits their business and that will grow with them as well. We work closely with clients to understand their needs and help them find a property that will suit them now and in the future.”
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 10 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event