Estate agents are moving in
AN estate agent – a familiar name in the north Cambridgeshire – will shortly complete its presence in Huntingdonshire. Sharman Quinney, founded in Peterborough in 1989, has offices in Ramsey, St Ives and Cambourne. It has bought the Gatehouse Estates off
AN estate agent - a familiar name in the north Cambridgeshire - will shortly complete its presence in Huntingdonshire.
Sharman Quinney, founded in Peterborough in 1989, has offices in Ramsey, St Ives and Cambourne.
It has bought the Gatehouse Estates offices in Huntingdon, Godmanchester, St Neots and Kimbolton, which are expected to sport the company's distinctive blue-and-green branding from some time in June.
"We can't re-brand them overnight. It will probably take much of June," said marketing director Nigel Davies. "It will mean we are a truly Huntingdonshire-wide agency."
The new owners, who take over later this month, will retain the existing staff as well as the four premises, bringing the number of Sharman Quinney offices, in Cambridgeshire, south Lincolnshire and east Northamptonshire, to 21.
It also owns the five Pattison Lane offices in Northamptonshire and Churchills estate agents in Raunds, which trade under separate branding.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
"Although we are part of the same group as Connells, we trade independently and compete," Mr Davies said.
Mike Sharman, managing director of the Elton-based group, said he had been in talks with Gatehouse since last year. "These four new offices will undoubtedly benefit from the strong brand recognition in the south Cambridgeshire market created by our operations in Cambourne, St Ives and Ramsey," he said.
Russell Quinney, formerly manager at the company's Orton office in Peterborough, will become area director responsible for the new operations.