Elphick and Sons named Retailer of the Year
- Credit: Archant
RETAILER OF THE YEAR Sponsored by Barford + Co
There were loud cheers as EW Elphick and Sons was announced as the winner of the Retailer of the Year Award.
The Huntingdon store’s full team joined owner Kim Pittams on stage at the Burgess Hall as he picked up the award.
Mr Pittams said: “We just go about our job on a daily basis so I didn’t anticipate winning. We pride ourselves on our customer service as we want to offer more than a website.”
His son Jonathan Pittams added: “My father came into the business the same as his grandfather and has had to modernise the business and he has done well to keep ahead to meet the new demand.
“We have worked very hard and it is because our staff are passionate that we do so well. It is really a family business and the people who have been with us for more than a decade to the newest member of the team are all part of that family.”
The judges said: “Elphicks is a long-established business which has enjoyed very impressive growth in the last year by expanding its services to include helping its clients with advice on interior design.
- 1 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 2 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
“It also offers distinctive products including furniture designed and manufactured to suit a client’s requirements.”
FINALISTS: Nicholas Hythe Kitchen Design Studio, Beautiful Swagger and Anne Furbank Group Limited.