Elphick and Sons named Retailer of the Year
- Credit: Archant
RETAILER OF THE YEAR Sponsored by Barford + Co
There were loud cheers as EW Elphick and Sons was announced as the winner of the Retailer of the Year Award.
The Huntingdon store’s full team joined owner Kim Pittams on stage at the Burgess Hall as he picked up the award.
Mr Pittams said: “We just go about our job on a daily basis so I didn’t anticipate winning. We pride ourselves on our customer service as we want to offer more than a website.”
His son Jonathan Pittams added: “My father came into the business the same as his grandfather and has had to modernise the business and he has done well to keep ahead to meet the new demand.
You may also want to watch:
“We have worked very hard and it is because our staff are passionate that we do so well. It is really a family business and the people who have been with us for more than a decade to the newest member of the team are all part of that family.”
The judges said: “Elphicks is a long-established business which has enjoyed very impressive growth in the last year by expanding its services to include helping its clients with advice on interior design.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
“It also offers distinctive products including furniture designed and manufactured to suit a client’s requirements.”
FINALISTS: Nicholas Hythe Kitchen Design Studio, Beautiful Swagger and Anne Furbank Group Limited.