Electronics firm moves Euro-HQ to new Eaton Socon offices
US-based Rochester Electronics, which specialises in re-creating vital semiconductors no longer made by the original manufacturer, has moved its expanding European headquarters to new premises in Eaton Socon.
The company’s UK arm has taken a long-term lease of a recently-completed 4,200 sq ft modern office unit at the Fenice Court business development, built by Huntingdon business park developer Artisan (UK) Developments Ltd.
Rochester Electronics claims to be the world’s largest ‘continuing manufacturer and long-term aftermarket support solution for mature and end-of-life semiconductors’.
General manager Colin Strother said: “Rochester Electronics is a company with a long-term vision and we needed new facilities to meet our current needs as well as supporting our long-term business commitments, goals and aspirations.”
He added that, after six years in the area, the company “wanted to stay in the immediate vicinity to minimise any disruption to its employees and to provide on-going stability and consistency.
You may also want to watch:
“We value our workforce very highly indeed, and it was of paramount importance that we support them in the best way possible and consider their needs and those of their families.”
Michael Eyres, Artisan’s managing director, is pictured, left, handing over the keys of the new offices to Mr Strother.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 8 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal