EEDA lines up ex-F1 speaker
MARKING the British Grand Prix this weekend, the East of England Development Agency (EEDA) has revealed former Williams F1 commercial director Scott Garrett as the latest high-profile figure to join the speaker line-up at Destination Growth 09. EEDA says
MARKING the British Grand Prix this weekend, the East of England Development Agency (EEDA) has revealed former Williams F1 commercial director Scott Garrett as the latest high-profile figure to join the speaker line-up at Destination Growth '09. EEDA says the biennial event, designed for leaders of SMEs across eastern England and this year focusing on ways to survive and thrive during the downturn, is the region's biggest business and networking event.
Delegates attending Destination Growth '09 at Duxford on Tuesday November 3 will hear the F1 supremo's top tips for building a winning team, and have a chance to see the AT&T Williams F1 car on the day, getting to grips with airguns, wheels and jacks as they compete in a pit stop challenge.
EEDA chairman Richard Ellis said: "Formula 1 is recognised as one of the most cut-throat industries in the world, and Scott Garrett knows that the speed of corporate reaction can mark the difference between first and second.
"F1 is not immune to the threats of a credit crunch, as teams are adapting to tighter operating restrictions, reduced sponsorship and cuts in development funding. Scott's keynote is all about building a team to face new challenges - something that businesses across this region can empathise with and apply to their own practices."
You may also want to watch:
Garrett joins Greg Dyke, former director general of the BBC, as a keynote speaker.
INFORMATION: Destination Growth '09 costs �75 to attend. To register visit www.eeda.org.uk/destinationgrowth.
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years