EEDA lines up ex-F1 speaker
MARKING the British Grand Prix this weekend, the East of England Development Agency (EEDA) has revealed former Williams F1 commercial director Scott Garrett as the latest high-profile figure to join the speaker line-up at Destination Growth 09. EEDA says
MARKING the British Grand Prix this weekend, the East of England Development Agency (EEDA) has revealed former Williams F1 commercial director Scott Garrett as the latest high-profile figure to join the speaker line-up at Destination Growth '09. EEDA says the biennial event, designed for leaders of SMEs across eastern England and this year focusing on ways to survive and thrive during the downturn, is the region's biggest business and networking event.
Delegates attending Destination Growth '09 at Duxford on Tuesday November 3 will hear the F1 supremo's top tips for building a winning team, and have a chance to see the AT&T Williams F1 car on the day, getting to grips with airguns, wheels and jacks as they compete in a pit stop challenge.
EEDA chairman Richard Ellis said: "Formula 1 is recognised as one of the most cut-throat industries in the world, and Scott Garrett knows that the speed of corporate reaction can mark the difference between first and second.
"F1 is not immune to the threats of a credit crunch, as teams are adapting to tighter operating restrictions, reduced sponsorship and cuts in development funding. Scott's keynote is all about building a team to face new challenges - something that businesses across this region can empathise with and apply to their own practices."
You may also want to watch:
Garrett joins Greg Dyke, former director general of the BBC, as a keynote speaker.
INFORMATION: Destination Growth '09 costs �75 to attend. To register visit www.eeda.org.uk/destinationgrowth.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire