Eaton Socon radio firm gets royal stamp of approval
- Credit: Archant
Communications firm Radio Links has been given the royal seal of approval as suppliers of two-way radios to Queen Elizabeth II.
The firm, based in Eaton Socon, has been awarded a Royal Warrant of Appointment - a mark of recognition to those who have supplied goods and services to the households of the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles for more than five years.
Radio Links was formed by former Royal Signals engineer Barrie Litchfield in 1972, creating the first independent radio communications company in the UK.
The firm has provided equipment to The Open Championship and the Henley Royal Regatta and lists councils, sporting event organisers and local businesses as customers as well as the royals since 1999.
Mr Litchfield, managing director, said: “For many years we have been supplying equipment and services to Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and other Royal residences and receipt of a Royal Warrant is a fantastic achievement for our company.
It serves to recognise the unrelenting daily effort of our staff and engineers who provide the service and quality levels required to warrant such an accolade.
“We have pleasure in sharing this great news with all of our customers, the Royal Warrant will also serve as a credible reference for any prospective customer; whether a small enterprise, retail conglomerate, manufacturing plant or government body.
- 1 New business celebrates its grand opening in St Ives
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 6 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Singing group will celebrate its silver jubilee with a concert
- 9 Plaque unveiled for Legion's new home
- 10 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
“This is wonderful start to 2013 and we all feel that this recognition of our endeavours bodes well for our company’s future.”