Eaton Socon radio firm gets royal stamp of approval
- Credit: Archant
Communications firm Radio Links has been given the royal seal of approval as suppliers of two-way radios to Queen Elizabeth II.
The firm, based in Eaton Socon, has been awarded a Royal Warrant of Appointment - a mark of recognition to those who have supplied goods and services to the households of the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles for more than five years.
Radio Links was formed by former Royal Signals engineer Barrie Litchfield in 1972, creating the first independent radio communications company in the UK.
The firm has provided equipment to The Open Championship and the Henley Royal Regatta and lists councils, sporting event organisers and local businesses as customers as well as the royals since 1999.
Mr Litchfield, managing director, said: “For many years we have been supplying equipment and services to Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and other Royal residences and receipt of a Royal Warrant is a fantastic achievement for our company.
It serves to recognise the unrelenting daily effort of our staff and engineers who provide the service and quality levels required to warrant such an accolade.
“We have pleasure in sharing this great news with all of our customers, the Royal Warrant will also serve as a credible reference for any prospective customer; whether a small enterprise, retail conglomerate, manufacturing plant or government body.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
“This is wonderful start to 2013 and we all feel that this recognition of our endeavours bodes well for our company’s future.”