The Government s chief export support adviser took time out to look over successful St Ives exporter Le Mark. Andrew Cahn, who has been chief executive of UK Trade & Investment for less than a year after eight years with British Airways, congratulated f
The Government's chief export support adviser took time out to look over successful St Ives exporter Le Mark.
Andrew Cahn, who has been chief executive of UK Trade & Investment for less than a year after eight years with British Airways, congratulated former Hunts Post Business Awards winner Le Mark on its innovative marketing in overseas markets.
He was in the region to reassure businesses that organisational changes to Business Link, the Government's advice service for SMEs, would not lead to dilution of the service when Cambridgeshire Business Link disappears at the end of this month.
Managing director Stuart Gibbons said Mr Cahn was particularly interested to learn of Le Mark's success in the Middle East and Europe, and more recently a new venture in Russia.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gibbons said: "We have appreciated the advice and support given by Business Link and UKTI over the last few years. It was an honour for the company to receive such an esteemed visitor.
"It has given the company and its staff an incentive to try even harder, knowing our achievements have been noted in Whitehall."
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Mr Cahn, third left, is pictured with Linda Gibbons, the company's sales director, Paul Williams, international trade director of UKTI, Steve Exon, another Le Mark director, Stuart Gibbons and Paul Sharpe, international trade manager of East of England International, the export/import arm of Business Link in the region.