It may be a million miles from CAP set-aside subsidies, but former farmer Bryan Moore, pictured, is finding golf more lucrative. Mr Moore s Great Paxton-based company, Plus Fore Golf, beat off competition from six-times major championship winner Nick Fald
It may be a million miles from CAP set-aside subsidies, but former farmer Bryan Moore, pictured, is finding golf more lucrative.
Mr Moore's Great Paxton-based company, Plus Fore Golf, beat off competition from six-times major championship winner Nick Faldo to organise a series of corporate golf days for motoring magazine publisher and website operator Auto Trader.
The client joins other multi-national giants, including BP Energy, News International, Hilti, Compac and Hewlett Packard on Plus Fore's customer list.
"I came into the business through golf course design," he told The Hunts Post.
You may also want to watch:
"We were going to build a course on the farm at Graveley at the same time as others were building courses in the area. But we decided the bubble would burst - and it did. It would have been a very crowded market."
Now he organises between 40 and 60 corporate golf days a year and hopes to reach a record £500,000 turnover for the rapidly-growing company by the end of the year.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
"My personal favourite course is Ballyliffin, in Northern Ireland, and we have established an office in Canada which generates a lot of business for Irish courses.
"We tend to use the Marriott group a lot, which combines superb golf courses with great hotels."
Mr Moore, who plays off nine, said: "I've always enjoyed anything to do with golf. I've coached juniors and I'm looking at taking pros to do coaching abroad."
INFORMATION: Plus Fore Golf, College House, Adams Lane, Great Paxton PE19 6RN. Tel: 01480 470200.