Developing a healthy view
PAPWORTH Hospital-based Health Enterprise East (HEE), the NHS innovation hub for the East of England, is appealing to staff working in all branches of the NHS throughout the region to come forward with healthcare innovations. The 2007 Innovation Competiti
PAPWORTH Hospital-based Health Enterprise East (HEE), the NHS innovation hub for the East of England, is appealing to staff working in all branches of the NHS throughout the region to come forward with healthcare innovations.
The 2007 Innovation Competition has just been launched by HEE, with a deadline of March 30, inviting staff to enter their ideas for innovative products and services to improve treatment or service delivery.
The winners will be announced at an awards dinner to be held in June, presented by BBC Look East's Stewart White.
Prizes totalling £18,000 are on offer to the winners across the three categories of medical technology, software/ICT and service delivery.
Support will also be provided by HEE to develop the winning ideas into new products or services.
Dr Peter Blenkinsop, pictured, chief executive of HEE, said: "We were overwhelmed by the response to our two previous competitions from people working in a wide range of roles in the NHS, demonstrating huge creativity and enthusiasm".
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Entry forms are available from the HEE website - www.hee.org.uk - and also from Steph Presland on email@example.com or by telephoning 01480 364925.
* HEE has appointed David Arr, currently chairman of West Suffolk NHS Hospital Trust, as non-executive director. His other business interests include being a partner in SPS, a general consultancy for growing and developing businesses.
His early career was spent in banking and finance - Hambros Bank plc and Barclays Bank plc - and more recently PricewaterhouseCoopers.
He said: "HEE is fulfilling an increasingly important role at a time when resources are restricted in the NHS.