Commute can be healthy
HUNTINGDONSHIRE companies that are leading the way in encouraging employees to reduce carbon emissions in travelling to and from work have been rewarded for their pioneering healthy and environmentally-friendly initiatives. They were among 28 organisation
HUNTINGDONSHIRE companies that are leading the way in encouraging employees to reduce carbon emissions in travelling to and from work have been rewarded for their pioneering healthy and environmentally-friendly initiatives.
They were among 28 organisations across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to win Workplace Travel Plan Awards.
Certificates of Commitment for travel plans went to Anglian Water Services, in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire Constabulary, which has its headquarters at Hinchingbrooke, Cambridgeshire County Council for its Speke House call centre in St Ives, and the Forensic Science Service at Hinchingbrooke Park.
A Certificate of Development, which recognises the development stage of the travel plan, was won by Hinchingbrooke School.
You may also want to watch:
DHL Exel, at Alconbury, won a Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Travel Plan Award for the success of its travel plan through continued implementation and regular monitoring.
And Cambourne Business Park was awarded a Certificate of Continuing Excellence, recognising the continued development and monitoring of the travel plan by an organisation that has previously achieved the Travel Plan Excellence Award.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
The awards reward completion of various steps in the travel planning process from senior management commitment to developing a plan through to the Travel Plan Excellence Award, for businesses whose travel plans are now welded into the way they do business.
INFORMATION: Organisations interested in applying for the 2008 Awards should contact Richard Bettle, on (01223) 712429 or email email@example.com