Commute can be healthy
HUNTINGDONSHIRE companies that are leading the way in encouraging employees to reduce carbon emissions in travelling to and from work have been rewarded for their pioneering healthy and environmentally-friendly initiatives. They were among 28 organisation
HUNTINGDONSHIRE companies that are leading the way in encouraging employees to reduce carbon emissions in travelling to and from work have been rewarded for their pioneering healthy and environmentally-friendly initiatives.
They were among 28 organisations across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to win Workplace Travel Plan Awards.
Certificates of Commitment for travel plans went to Anglian Water Services, in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire Constabulary, which has its headquarters at Hinchingbrooke, Cambridgeshire County Council for its Speke House call centre in St Ives, and the Forensic Science Service at Hinchingbrooke Park.
A Certificate of Development, which recognises the development stage of the travel plan, was won by Hinchingbrooke School.
DHL Exel, at Alconbury, won a Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Travel Plan Award for the success of its travel plan through continued implementation and regular monitoring.
And Cambourne Business Park was awarded a Certificate of Continuing Excellence, recognising the continued development and monitoring of the travel plan by an organisation that has previously achieved the Travel Plan Excellence Award.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
The awards reward completion of various steps in the travel planning process from senior management commitment to developing a plan through to the Travel Plan Excellence Award, for businesses whose travel plans are now welded into the way they do business.
INFORMATION: Organisations interested in applying for the 2008 Awards should contact Richard Bettle, on (01223) 712429 or email email@example.com