City comes to country
RURAL Huntingdonshire may seem a quirky location for a City office, but a firm of London-based stock-brokers is set to open an office in Offord D Arcy High Street in August. It will be a sixth UK office for stockbroking and investment management firm Fysh
RURAL Huntingdonshire may seem a quirky location for a City office, but a firm of London-based stock-brokers is set to open an office in Offord D'Arcy High Street in August.
It will be a sixth UK office for stockbroking and investment management firm Fyshe Horton Finney, founded in 1896, which also has offices in Birmingham, Leeds, Oxford and Inverness.
It will be run by investment manager Chris Took, who has been with Fyshe for four years and lived in the village for five.
"I moved to Offord to commute to London daily, but for the past year I have been working from home," he told The Hunts Post. "But when our second child was born, I realised it was time to find an office away from home."
You may also want to watch:
He hopes to open the new office on August 1 with client relationship manager Samantha Goodman, and the aim is to grow the business locally.
"You don't need to be in the City now. I couldn't have done this 10 years ago, though.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 9 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
"Although we have been working quietly in the area for some time, this will give clients the opportunity to drop in and see us. People who may be uncertain about stock market investment are welcome to visit. We are not salesmen - we are just good at finding worthwhile investments. But there is never any pressure from us to deal."
Although the primary aim of opening in Huntingdonshire is to serve local private and corporate clients, the new office will not restrict its activities to the district. "My nearest client is next door but one to my home. The furthest is in Singapore," Mr Pook said.
CONTACT: Chris Pook is on 01480 811400.