Beacon Wealth launch Christmas sock campaign to support homeless
- Credit: Archant
Staff at the Beacon Wealth Group have launched a Christmas campaign to help anyone who finds themselves homeless or down on their luck this winter.
As part of #sockingfillers the team at Beacon Wealth Group are filling a pair of warm socks with items such as toothpaste, toothbrush, roll-on deodorant, coffee/soup/hot chocolate sachets, gloves, pants, soap, comb and sanitary items, which will be donated to the 3 Pillars charity which works with people who are homeless.
"We welcome everyone who wishes to join us in this quest and will be collecting donations of filled socks at any of our four offices (listed below) before December 13," said Sarah Ray from Beacon Wealth Group.
Anyone who makes a donation is being encouraged to share photographs of their socks on the group's Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/BeaconWealthGroupLtd) to provide inspiration to others and spread the message.
You can drop off your socks at any of Beacon's four high street office locations:
St Neots: 26 Market Square, PE19 2PJ
St Ives: 3 The Sheep Market, PE27 5AJ
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 10 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
Sawtry: The Green, PE28 5ST
Kimbolton: The Old Chapel, PE28 0HW