Care company launched in Fenstanton
BBC radio presenter Sue Marchant visited Fenstanton to cut the ribbon at the opening of a new care company. SureCare offers domiciliary care to elderly and infirm clients throughout the UK, helping them to maintain their independence in the comfort and fa
BBC radio presenter Sue Marchant visited Fenstanton to cut the ribbon at the opening of a new care company.
SureCare offers domiciliary care to elderly and infirm clients throughout the UK, helping them to maintain their independence in the comfort and familiar surroundings of their own home.
The Cambridge branch of the company, based at 1 Rookery Place, Fenstanton, will be operated by directors Joseph Garcia and Jorge Sacramento. They gained their medical degrees in the Philippines, and have many years of domiciliary care experience in the UK.
The company currently employs 15 people, comprising support workers, visiting care workers and live-in carers, and is looking to recruit people interested in a career in caring.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Marchant was keen to attend the opening after recognising the dedication and commitment of Surecare. The subject is very close to her heart as she herself cares for her elderly mother, she said.
The offices were blessed according to Filipino tradition by Monsignor Eugene Harkness, who then joined family, friends, service users and guests from local authority and social services for a traditional Filipino feast.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 4 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 5 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village