Cambs village bridal shop set to close
A FENSTANTON bridal shop is to close at the end of July.
Weddings by Karen Jane, formerly Linda’s Bridal Boutique, had been trading for more than 20 years.
Owner Karen Mcphee, who took over the shop in 2002, said that it had been a wonderful experience, but the downturn in the wedding industry had helped make her make the decision to close the business.
“I have met some lovely people and have been privileged to be involved in their wedding preparations,” she said. “I have made lifelong friends with some of the brides and attended some lovely weddings.
“Choosing to close the shop has been a difficult decision, but after 15 years in the bridal industry I felt I needed a change and the downturn in the wedding industry has precipitated this decision.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be having a huge closing down sale with all items greatly reduced.”
She added; “I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped and supported me during my time in the shop especially my family and friends and all the brides and grooms who allowed us to help make their day special.”
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years