Cambs village bridal shop set to close
A FENSTANTON bridal shop is to close at the end of July.
Weddings by Karen Jane, formerly Linda’s Bridal Boutique, had been trading for more than 20 years.
Owner Karen Mcphee, who took over the shop in 2002, said that it had been a wonderful experience, but the downturn in the wedding industry had helped make her make the decision to close the business.
“I have met some lovely people and have been privileged to be involved in their wedding preparations,” she said. “I have made lifelong friends with some of the brides and attended some lovely weddings.
“Choosing to close the shop has been a difficult decision, but after 15 years in the bridal industry I felt I needed a change and the downturn in the wedding industry has precipitated this decision.
“We will be having a huge closing down sale with all items greatly reduced.”
She added; “I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped and supported me during my time in the shop especially my family and friends and all the brides and grooms who allowed us to help make their day special.”
- 1 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 2 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 9 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!