Cambs firms’ �2.3k for kidney research
CAMBRIDGESHIRE businesses have raised �2,350 for Kidney Research UK at a series of events organised by the county’s chambers of commerce.
A comedy night and black-tie dinner, golf day, businesswomen’s Christmas lunch and quiz night all inspired local business people to support the charity’s life-changing work.
John Bridge, chief executive of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, pictured left, said: “The chamber is proud to be associated with a different local charity each year, and we are privileged to have been in a position to help Kidney Research forge such strong links within the business community over the last 12 months.
“As always the generosity of our members has been truly inspirational, and I hope that we can all continue to support their extraordinary work in the future.”
The charity’s community fundraising manager Georgina McCormack, who accepted the cheque, said: “We have really enjoyed meeting local businesses at some of the events organised by the chamber and are thrilled by the amount raised.
“It has been really beneficial in terms of raising awareness of what we do, and already a couple of companies have come on board to offer us support in the future – one lady has even signed up to complete a sponsored trek in Peru after reading about it in the chamber magazine.”
Pete Revell from the charity, seen on the right, added: “This year is an exciting one for us, as it represents our 50th anniversary of funding life-saving research into the causes, prevention and treatment of kidney disease.”
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 5 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Martial Arts group praised by mayor after winning trophies national competition