By George - another generation joins the board
ST IVES-based aggregates-to-skip hire group Mick George has appointed its youngest board member.
Michael George, 27, has joined the Meadow Lane company, which was founded by his father, as contracts director.
Mick George Limited has become a highly successful business offering waste and recycling, aggregate supply and specialist contracting services. The company operates on projects large and small and on a regional and national basis.
Michael started his career with the company in 2001 and has worked his way through the ranks in a number of diverse roles including Skip Sorter and Machine Driver.
He completed his Waste Management Industry Training and Advisory Board (WAMITAB) professional qualification in 2003, which is a standard required by law to run a waste management facility. He was the youngest person in the UK to have ever achieved this qualification.
You may also want to watch:
For the last six years, he has focused on the contracting services side of the business and, in his role as contracts director, he is responsible for managing and developing business with some of Mick George’s key accounts, including major players in the construction and engineering industry, such as Acrabuild, Kier Eastern, Waites Construction and Breheny Civil Engineering.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 10 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls