Business is rising to the challenge for Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots estate agency has completed a series of challenges to help fundraise for the Macmillan Woodlands Centre.
Lovett Sales and Lettings, in Market Square, has raised £5,000 for the centre, which is based at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
To raise the money the team baked cakes and took on challenges, including a bike ride from London to Amsterdam.
Tim Lovett, director at Lovett, said: “We wanted to support a cause that was local to our community, and has particular resonance with many of our clients and staff. “We’re delighted to see that the money raised has benefited the centre and its users directly, and look forward to raising more in the future.”
The money the company raised will help to furnish and equip a therapy room, which will give patients at the centre the opportunity to receive complementary therapies.
You may also want to watch:
The refurbished centre welcomed patients in August 2016 and work on the second part of the project is due to finish later this year.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse