Building a community
HUNTINGDONSHIRE Chamber of Commerce is inviting fundraisers from local schools and charities to attend an event designed to encourage businesses to get involved in community-based projects and demonstrate some of the opportunities available. The event wi
HUNTINGDONSHIRE Chamber of Commerce is inviting fundraisers from local schools and charities to attend an event designed to encourage businesses to get involved in community-based projects and demonstrate some of the opportunities available.
The event will give charities and community organisations a chance to forge links within the business community and explore new avenues of support, highlighting the benefits of involvement to companies of all sectors and sizes.
"Skills for developing sustainable communities" is a free, one-day event on Tuesday, July 24, that will equip delegates with the skills and visions needed to understand and develop sustainable communities, the chamber says.
John Bridge, chief executive of Huntingdonshire Chamber of Commerce, said: "This is a rare opportunity for businesses and organisations to engage with each other and increase the benefits to both organisations while improving the effectiveness of existing partnerships."
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The event takes place at the Marriott Hotel, Huntingdon, 9am-5pm. Contact Maria Briggs on 01223 209817 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge