Buckden’s sweet smell of imminent success
A BUCKDEN hair salon has been shortlisted twice for the semi-finals of a national hairdressing competition.
SYRUPP hair salon, of Buckden, has been shortlisted twice for the semi-finals of a national hairdressing competition.
The American Crew competition consisted of a photographic entry of a men’s style created by a stylist.
“We entered two stylists and their models, and both have been shortlisted,” said salon owner Helen Akred. They were chosen from hundreds of entries.
The next stage is the face-off exhibition that takes place in Manchester on Sunday November 28, hosted by ex-Hollyoaks duo Matt Littler and Darren Jeffries, where the 20 finalists will be announced.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is run by a hair-product company called American Crew, which also runs American and Australian versions.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week