BP petrol station in St Ives to become Marks & Spencer
- Credit: Archant
The BP petrol station in St Ives looks set to include a Marks & Spencer Simply Food store.
The petrol station’s store in Needingworth Road is likely to be knocked down at the end of the year and re-opened in early 2014.
Plans were submitted last month to Huntingdonshire District Council to replace the old building with a larger store. The documents claim the change would enhance services in the area as well as the appearance of the facility.
The new M&S Simply Food store would be one of about 70 run by BP in the UK, including Brampton Hut.
A spokesman for BP said: “There are plans to convert the store in St Ives to one of our M&S Simply Food stores and we are awaiting planning permission.
You may also want to watch:
“At the moment we do not have any specific details, but we would most likely look to open the new store at the beginning of next year.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding