Bluntisham service station promises “sense of community”
A NEW service station offering services as diverse as ladies’ hairdressing and petrol was today opened by Shailesh Vara in Bluntisham.
A NEW service station offering services as diverse as ladies’ hairdressing and petrol was today (Friday) opened by Shailesh Vara MP in Bluntisham.
Mr Vara, the MP for North West Cambridgeshire, cut the ribbon at Bluntisham Service Station on Station Road, Bluntisham, which promises to have a community focus.
Owned and managed by Steve Highland, the business offers a petrol station, a traditional butcher, gentlemen’s barber shop, ladies’ hair salon, tea room and bakery. The business has been built almost entirely by builders and tradesmen from within a 20-mile radius.
Mr Vara said: “It is a great pleasure to open this wonderful example of community-focused local business. The wide range of services offered at the service station shows that community spirit is alive and well in Bluntisham. And I can personally recommend the butcher on site for his excellent sausages!
You may also want to watch:
“I wish everyone involved well for the future success of the venture.”
Mr Highland said: “It’s very unusual to have this kind of village community store these days. I’m pleased to say all employees are local people and that the Service Station was built by tradesmen from in and around the area. There’s a powerful sense of community here.”
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 3 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 4 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space