It took a firm of St Ives-based financial advisers eight months to find new offices, highlighting the shortage of premises suitable for small companies to buy, it says. That message could have reached few more influential audiences when Huntingdonshire Di
It took a firm of St Ives-based financial advisers eight months to find new offices, highlighting the shortage of premises suitable for small companies to buy, it says. That message could have reached few more influential audiences when Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) chairman, Councillor John Eddy, officially opened The Monetary Partnership's offices in Burrell Road, St Ives.
HDC chief executive David Monks and leader Councillor Ian Bates were also present.
The partnership, which moved from rented premises in Cromwell Mews, St Ives, was formed less than two years ago by two accountants. It has 350 clients and turns over £280,000 a year.
"With two partners and two employees, it's a relatively small operation, but it shows that small businesses can thrive," partner Roger Rhodes - a former member of HDC - told The Hunts Post.
You may also want to watch:
"But there are not enough small premises available for small companies to buy."
Fellow partner Linda Offord is pictured with, from left, Roger Rhodes, Cllr Eddy, David Monks and Cllr Bates.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
INFORMATION: The Monetary Partnership is at Royce Court, Burrell Road, St Ives PE27 3NE. Telephone: 01480 497070.
Picture: HELEN DRAKE