Berth of idea for marina
Buckden Marina is looking for partners to operate its marina berths, and engineering business and ski lake, the company has revealed. A number of local bodies, including a consortium of residents, have expressed interest in developing the ski lake, whic
Buckden Marina is looking for partners to operate its marina berths, and engineering business and ski lake, the company has revealed.
A number of local bodies, including a consortium of residents, have expressed interest in developing the ski lake, which many regard as having the best potential in the area, Buckden Marina Limited said.
It has appointed S F Leisure to operate its food and beverage operation, and has concluded negotiations to capitalise the ground rents for the 81 residential second homes on the site.
Chairman Peter Blemings said he did not expect there would be "any discernible effect on lodge owners, except in procedural terms".
You may also want to watch:
General manager Mark Williams said: "The team under my control remains responsible for maintaining the site and looking after lodge owner requirements.
"Since my appointment in December 2004, the company has allowed me to increase the budget for site maintenance by over £25,000 and, judging by the comments I receive, the site is in its best ever condition."
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
When the reconstruction is completed, Buckden Marina will operate on the basis of five separate business units, each under the control of professional operators with long-term agreements in place.
Mr Blemings said: "These arrangements are the final stage towards our objective of establishing the marina as the premier leisure complex in this area.