Beacon are advisers of the year
- Credit: Archant
BEACON Wealth Management has been named at East of England Advisers of the year.
The Kimbolton firm were among the 6,000 financial adviser practices in the UK who were judged on its staff’s professional qualifications, the proportion of money they earn as recurring fee-based income and the efficiency of their business model.
After the initial judging, shortlisted companies were invited for interviews looking at them in detail as well as client education and communication and the use of technology to run an efficient financial planning business, with Beacon coming out on top in the eastern region.
Tony Larkins, managing director, picked up the award from actor Brian Blessed at the ceremony in London on January 10. “While we had an interview over the phone, we were told it was to qualify our entry so I had no idea we had been shortlisted,” he said.
“It was only when I sat down at the table for dinner, just before the awards were announced, that I quickly glanced at the programme.
“I was delighted we had been shortlisted because so many companies enter these awards, and this was the first time we had entered.
“The awards started and East of England was the first one to be announced. I couldn’t believe it when they called out our name and was handed the trophy by Brian Blessed. It was surreal.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 New fleet for Huntingdon care provider
“Thankfully I didn’t’ have to give a speech, as I hadn’t prepared one, but I was ushered off stage and taken to an area for a filmed interview.
“I can’t really remember what I said but we won this as a company not for a singular person and therefore it was for the team at Beacon Wealth Management, who worked so hard to help our clients realise and accomplish their goals and achieve some of the best investment returns in the UK.
“We have come a long way from a four person company and I am excited by what we will achieve in the future.”
Beacon is also looking for two additional advisers to replace employees retiring this year as well as potential new employees when the company moves into its new offices after renovating a chapel.