Bank lends backing for third year
THE banking sector is often on the rough end of the business community s wrath, but one local bank believes in putting something back. This is the third year that HSBC, through its Huntingdonshire commercial centre, has been a sponsor of The Hunts Post
THE banking sector is often on the rough end of the business community's wrath, but one "local" bank believes in putting something back.
This is the third year that HSBC, through its Huntingdonshire commercial centre, has been a sponsor of The Hunts Post Business Awards. This year's event is made even more special as it is the 10th anniversary of the awards event.
HSBC prides itself on its local business links, said area director Andy Armstrong, and considers that as the "world's local bank" it has a duty to recognise the achievements, innovation, dedication and hard work of the business community in Huntingdonshire.
"These awards help HSBC and the companies nominated for an award to build brand awareness and reinforce their brand values. Local businesses are able to build on their successes via this awards event through networking and interaction with the other finalists, and this is something that the bank is pleased to encourage," he said.
This year, HSBC is the category sponsor for the Business Development Award, for companies that have a positive approach to meeting customers' needs and show an understanding of their competitors.
The award winner will also need to maintain a competitive edge by exploring existing and new markets and monitoring the services provided to customers, while following a successful sales and marketing strategy.
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 6 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 7 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 8 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 9 Permanent Friday home for HCCN group
- 10 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
"These are all key skills for the future growth of any business and so HSBC is particularly pleased to be associated with this award.
"Each year, these awards help some of Huntingdonshire's most innovative and creative companies and businesses show the value they put into their community through investment in their customers and our community. HSBC is proud to support the enthusiasm, leadership and growth of our local business in this area."
HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations, with an international network serving over 125 million customers worldwide.