Award will honour the brave
THE New Business Award is a new addition to the programme, emphasising the expanding nature of these awards for the community and the importance of any business awards to recognise new companies in the Huntingdonshire area. The award is sponsored by The
THE New Business Award is a new addition to the programme, emphasising the expanding nature of these awards for the community and the importance of any business awards to recognise new companies in the Huntingdonshire area.
The award is sponsored by The Hunts Post parent company, Archant Herts and Cambs.
The new category is designed to recognise, celebrate and reward the area's best business start-ups.
As many as 400,000 brave individuals attempt to start their own businesses in the UK every year.
You may also want to watch:
Initially, this is often an arduous and unrewarding task.
It can be lonely and extremely difficult to gain the recognition you deserve.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
This is where the new category can help.
Whether you have recently started up, or have been trading for two-and a-half-years, we want to hear from you. This is a unique opportunity to gain invaluable recognition for your outstanding achievements.
The aim of this award is to recognise any new company that has been trading within Huntingdonshire since January 1, 2004.
Judges will be looking for the following criteria to have been met:
1 Innovation - Demonstrate innovation through new products/services, or systems showing innovation in management or running.
2 Business Strategy - Demonstrate how your business plan was workable and how it can be altered if situations arise that warrant change.
3 Promotion - Show how promotion was planned and executed in a controlled and cost effective way and how responses were monitored.
4 Use of local Support - What advice have you sought from available sources, how positive was the advice and has it been actioned?
5 Asset Management - What receivables and inventory management is in place?
6 Success - Demonstrate what success has been achieved and include a business plan.