Award comes out of the blue
SOME are born great, some achieve greatness, others have greatness unexpectedly thrust upon them. Kirton Construction Limited, based in Ferrars Road and operating locally for 35 years, had no idea it had won an award until representatives of Luxembourg-ba
SOME are born great, some achieve greatness, others have greatness unexpectedly thrust upon them.
Kirton Construction Limited, based in Ferrars Road and operating locally for 35 years, had no idea it had won an award until representatives of Luxembourg-based Lindab Astron Building Systems turned up on the doorstep last week to present it.
It recorded a landmark of construction of 100,000 sq metres of commercial steel buildings using the Lindab system.
Recently completed buildings that contributed to this total are warehouses at Stonehill for The Producers and Winter and Company, new buildings for Six Trees in Glebe Road, Huntingdon, factories in St Ives for Call Printers and Penny Banks and Company, small factory units at Sawtry, and a warehouse and showroom for Trademark Tiles at Warboys.
You may also want to watch:
Company secretary Trish James said: "Lindab made the award at a sales conference in Luxembourg that we were too busy to go to, but nobody told us."
Trish is pictured holding the Lindab award with colleagues (from left) consultant David Cook, and directors Mike Moran and Richard Curtis.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
INFORMATION: Kirton Construction Ltd, Suite 2 Graphic House, Ferrars Road, Huntingdon PE29 3EE. Telephone 01480 451381.