Anne Furbank acquires Newmarket gown outlet
BUCKEN posh-frock retailer, fashion guru and hotelier Anne Furbank is expanding into Suffolk. The firm, founded 27 years ago in the Huntingdonshire village, is set to take over Jane of Newmarket, which operates from the town s former Town Hall. The Newmar
BUCKEN posh-frock retailer, fashion guru and hotelier Anne Furbank is expanding into Suffolk.
The firm, founded 27 years ago in the Huntingdonshire village, is set to take over Jane of Newmarket, which operates from the town's former Town Hall. The Newmarket shop will close at the end of July and re-open in early August under the regionally-famous Anne Furbank brand.
Both the dress shop and the adjacent George Hotel and Brasserie, in Buckden, are past Retailers of the Year in The Hunts Post Huntingdonshire Business of the Year Awards, which are now entering their 11th year.
Managing director Rebecca Furbank said: "We had heard that the owner, Jane Webb planned to give up and had family succession for the business, so we phoned her and within a week it had all been agreed.
"All buying for the autumn was really finished but, because of our reputation in the business, suppliers have been really helpful," she added.
"There is a fantastic team there, so we will be able to give them support. There are things they wanted to do but have not been able to. So now we can help them with implementation of those ideas," Mrs Furbank added. "We're very excited about it."
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
INFORMATION: The company also has a recently-launched online retailing business at annefurbank.co.uk. The business is on 01480 811333.