Anne Furbank acquires Newmarket gown outlet
BUCKEN posh-frock retailer, fashion guru and hotelier Anne Furbank is expanding into Suffolk. The firm, founded 27 years ago in the Huntingdonshire village, is set to take over Jane of Newmarket, which operates from the town s former Town Hall. The Newmar
BUCKEN posh-frock retailer, fashion guru and hotelier Anne Furbank is expanding into Suffolk.
The firm, founded 27 years ago in the Huntingdonshire village, is set to take over Jane of Newmarket, which operates from the town's former Town Hall. The Newmarket shop will close at the end of July and re-open in early August under the regionally-famous Anne Furbank brand.
Both the dress shop and the adjacent George Hotel and Brasserie, in Buckden, are past Retailers of the Year in The Hunts Post Huntingdonshire Business of the Year Awards, which are now entering their 11th year.
Managing director Rebecca Furbank said: "We had heard that the owner, Jane Webb planned to give up and had family succession for the business, so we phoned her and within a week it had all been agreed.
You may also want to watch:
"All buying for the autumn was really finished but, because of our reputation in the business, suppliers have been really helpful," she added.
"There is a fantastic team there, so we will be able to give them support. There are things they wanted to do but have not been able to. So now we can help them with implementation of those ideas," Mrs Furbank added. "We're very excited about it."
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
INFORMATION: The company also has a recently-launched online retailing business at annefurbank.co.uk. The business is on 01480 811333.