Alconbury firm backs army skiers
ALCONBURY events specialists Accio Group have announced a �15,000 ski sponsorship deal with the Royal Artillery Alpine Club. The deal was announced by Stephen Casey, Accio managing director and a former British Army serviceman of 20 years. The arrangement
ALCONBURY events specialists Accio Group have announced a �15,000 ski sponsorship deal with the Royal Artillery Alpine Club.
The deal was announced by Stephen Casey, Accio managing director and a former British Army serviceman of 20 years.
The arrangement has enabled the RAAC to hold its annual competition, and to continue its training and racing schedule, which provides the opportunity for 60 servicemen and women from the Royal Artillery to learn how to ski, train and compete.
Mr Casey said: "A commitment to support the communities in which we operate is at the core of Accio Group's ethos. I believe it is vital for companies like us to sustain this during times of uncertain economic stability.
You may also want to watch:
"The skiing provides a unique opportunity to boost the morale of the military personal that are currently deployed in Afghanistan, and I am delighted to assist them with their excellent programme."
Army recruiter Colonel Jonathan Calder-Smith added: "This sponsorship deal is vital to the future of the RAAC. It has given a greater number of skiers the opportunity to take part and has also allowed for more race training days with an extra instructor, helping to keep class sizes down. Stephen's generous sponsorship comes at a pivotal time for us and we cannot thank him enough for his support."
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 9 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
INFORMATION: Accio Group, based at Alconbury Airfield, is the UK's premier supplier of event management and temporary structure solutions to the corporate and private markets, with a client list that includes HSBC, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Royal Mail.