Alconbury firm backs army skiers
ALCONBURY events specialists Accio Group have announced a �15,000 ski sponsorship deal with the Royal Artillery Alpine Club. The deal was announced by Stephen Casey, Accio managing director and a former British Army serviceman of 20 years. The arrangement
ALCONBURY events specialists Accio Group have announced a �15,000 ski sponsorship deal with the Royal Artillery Alpine Club.
The deal was announced by Stephen Casey, Accio managing director and a former British Army serviceman of 20 years.
The arrangement has enabled the RAAC to hold its annual competition, and to continue its training and racing schedule, which provides the opportunity for 60 servicemen and women from the Royal Artillery to learn how to ski, train and compete.
Mr Casey said: "A commitment to support the communities in which we operate is at the core of Accio Group's ethos. I believe it is vital for companies like us to sustain this during times of uncertain economic stability.
You may also want to watch:
"The skiing provides a unique opportunity to boost the morale of the military personal that are currently deployed in Afghanistan, and I am delighted to assist them with their excellent programme."
Army recruiter Colonel Jonathan Calder-Smith added: "This sponsorship deal is vital to the future of the RAAC. It has given a greater number of skiers the opportunity to take part and has also allowed for more race training days with an extra instructor, helping to keep class sizes down. Stephen's generous sponsorship comes at a pivotal time for us and we cannot thank him enough for his support."
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space
INFORMATION: Accio Group, based at Alconbury Airfield, is the UK's premier supplier of event management and temporary structure solutions to the corporate and private markets, with a client list that includes HSBC, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Royal Mail.