Airport bosses reassure passengers ahead of Diamond Jubilee strikes
STANSTED Airport’s operators, Swissport, have moved to reassure holidaymakers that it will be running as normal over the Diamond Jubilee weekend despite strike action.
A third, enhanced offer by Swissport made this week in an attempt to avert proposed industrial action over the Diamond Jubilee bank holiday weekend, has been rejected by unions and the proposed industrial action is therefore expected to go ahead between 5.30am on Saturday June 2, until 5.30am on Wednesday June 6.
“The unions’ cynical attempt to disrupt passengers plans over the busy early summer period has failed,” Richard Prince, general manager Swissport Stansted said: “The contingency plans we put in place, combined with the hard work and dedication of our staff not involved in the action and the support given by Ryanair, has ensured passengers have not been impacted by the strike.
“Anyone planning to fly through Stansted this weekend can do so with confidence. Our check-in staff will be waiting to welcome them on this special weekend”
Previous action last month failed to have an impact on passengers travelling through Stansted Airport. The industrial action this weekend is not expected to cause any inconvenience for bank holiday travellers.
The industrial action affects only staff engaged in baggage handling and despatch at Stansted Airport. It does not affect check-in or other customer facing staff or any staff at other bases at which Swissport operates. Swissport handles flights for Ryanair, Thomas Cook, Thomson, AtlasJet and BelleAir.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 10 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced