Adrian’s flat plan
ONE of the first tasks for Adrian Redmond, right, who has taken over as Nene Housing s head of development, will be to oversee the provision of 35 flats in Huntingdon town centre. The flats, for rent and shared ownership, will be part of the £30million re
ONE of the first tasks for Adrian Redmond, right, who has taken over as Nene Housing's head of development, will be to oversee the provision of 35 flats in Huntingdon town centre.
The flats, for rent and shared ownership, will be part of the £30million redevelopment of Cambridgeshire County Council's Princes Street estate. The Peterborough-based social landlord would not disclose details of other plans it has for social housing in the town. Ten homes it is building in Buckden will be available for occupation in the summer.
In the past six months Nene has completed a new £4.5million housing scheme at Kings Ripton Road, near the A141 in Huntingdon. The 60 Nene homes are part of the new 300-home community built by Persimmon Homes.
The properties comprise two to four-bedroom houses for rent and shared ownership and bungalows. Some have been specially adapted for older people or wheelchair users.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Redmond's new role will cover the housing association's entire area of operation, which includes 3,000 homes in Huntingdonshire, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Nottingham and Milton Keynes.
Nene's clients include single people, couples, families, elderly and disabled people and some special needs groups.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes